Have you ever notice while doing a cake, that maybe muffins could be better? Or other way round? If yes, I can tell you straight ahead, that most of the cakes you can change to muffins and the same goes from muffins to cake. So why not to try it? You already know my recipe for The Easiest Apple Cake. So now we can turn it for muffins! Hope you will like them as well :)
- 200g of room temperature unsalted butter
- ⅔ glass of brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1½ glass of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ⅓ glass of milk
- 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 4-5 apples, just peeled, get rid of the middle part and chop each of them for 4 equal pieces
- 1x jam (strawberry/ apricot/ apple/ blackcurrant)
Preheat oven to 165oC.
Prepare yourself with 2 bowls:
- Sift flour, baking powder and add around 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Mix butter and sugar with mixer. Then start adding eggs, one by one. When all is mixed add dry ingredients in 2 parts. In between add some milk. And finish with milk.
Then move it to a muffin tin linen with baking paper for muffin. On top add apples, but not so quick!
Each 1/4 part of the apple, the outside part incise with knife to make incises, like you would be slicing apple thinly. Put them on top of each of the muffins with those incises facing up. Sprinkle with some sugar and the rest of the cinnamon.
Bake for 20mins.
Just before your muffins reach 20 mins in the oven, take a small pot, move jam into it and warm it up, to get a syrup. Then cover with it the top of your muffins. And bake for another 7-10 mins. After that take muffins out of the oven, leave it for a moment to cool or just take one, add some ice cream or creme anglaise and enjoy!