It’s extremely rich and healthy soup, very thick and filling. So I would say perfect, for some rainy days or days when you actually don’t feel for ‘fancy’ cooking. Hope you like it, like I did ;)
- 2x chicken breasts
- 2-3x bay leaves
- 3-4x all spices grains
- 3-4x small carrots, peeles and chopped for smaller portions
- 1x small, thin leek, take just a half of it
- 3x garlic cloves
- 2x chilli peppers
- around 500ml of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1x can of peeled tomatoes with basil
- 1x can of peeled tomatoes with garlic
Take a bigger pot, pour stock and add: chicken, bay leaves, all spices, carrots, leek and garlic. Start simmering it. After 20 mins, take off the “dirty foam” that shows up with the spoon. It will clarified the stock.
After another 40 mins, add both tomatoes from can and 1x chilli pepper (with or without the seeds, up to you). Keep simmering for 30 mins.
Now you have two options:
1. You can take a blender and blend it for a cream soup and add some extra sliced chilli as decoration. If it will be too spicy, you can add some coconut milk or a bit of hot water. If it’s not so spicy, add more chilli and black pepper. And serve it straight ahead.
2. Leave like that and serve with some extra rice or noodles. If it’s not spicy enough add some more chilli and black pepper, but if it’s too spicy, add some coconut milk or some cream.
Cream soup it’s also perfect with fresh baguette ;) Enjoy!
P.S. Sorry for pictures, my camera refused to work with me that day…