That’s the recipe I found ages ago in one of the newspaper and I’m keep making it. And what’s even better I was making it even in a kitchen where I almost had only a bowl and as a mixer I used my own hands. And it worked! This cake will always work :)
- 200g of room temperature unsalted butter
- ⅔ glass of brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1½ glass of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ⅓ glass of milk
- 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 4-5 apples, just peeled, get rid of the middle part and chop each of them for 4 equal pieces
- 1x jam (strawberry/ apricot/ apple/ blackcurrant)
Preheat oven to 160oC.
Prepare yourself with 2 bowls:
- Sift flour, baking powder and add around 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Mix butter and sugar with mixer. Then start adding eggs, one by one. When all is mixed add dry ingredients in 2 parts. In between add some milk. And finish with milk.
Then move all to round tin linen with baking paper or butter tin with some butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs or flour. On top add apples, but not so quick!
Each 1/4 part of the apple, the outside part incise with knife to make incises, like you would be slicing apple thinly. Put them on top of the cake with those incises facing up. Sprinkle with some sugar and the rest of the cinnamon.
Bake for 50mins.
Just before your cake reach 50mins in the oven, take a small pot, move jam into it and warm it up, to get a syrup. Then cover with it the top of your cake. And bake for another 10 mins. After that take cake out of the oven, leave it for a moment to cool or just take a slice, add some ice cream or creme anglaise and enjoy!